Bill Rancic is the first Apprentice winner, a successful business owner and is married to E! News host Giuliana Rancic (the couple also star in their very own reality show). In this two minute video, Bill gives several great tips on promoting your business.
Here’s what Bill has to say:
- Try to think of creative ideas to promote your company when you’re working with little or no budget.
- Effective marketing strategies don’t have to cost a lot of money.
- You need to have ideas that stand out.
As I continue to move forward in my career in public relations/marketing communications/integrated marketing/strategic communications, entrepreneurship, etc. tips like these are very important in helping me get the job done.
Do you have a story or moment where you had to use creative promotional methods for your own business or a client?
This edition of speech of the week is equally about what is being said as it is about how it is delivered. Dylan Garity, a College National Poetry Slam Champion, delivers a passionate speech about fighting education inequality.
In his speech, Dylan uses examples from his sister who is an ESL teacher that can’t interact with her students in their native language of Spanish. Instead, they are forced to learn entirely in English.
I’ll let Dylan take it from here…
The following tips come courtesy of PR Daily.
Searching for a job can seem like an endless task, but there are a lot of great resources and tips to help ease the pain. I recently came across an article that shared 10 tips to have an effective job search.
- Don’t rely solely on popular job or internship sites
- Visit a company’s website, instead of waiting for a job opening to be posted to a job search engine site.
- Are you a recent or soon-to-be college graduate?
- Start informational interviews now.
- Small businesses might be eager
- Usually have opportunities that can be built around your skills and interest.
- Experience at a smaller organization
- You’ll have a better chance of doing actual work and not just getting coffee.
- Get a name and send your résumé via snail mail.
- Don’t just email, snail mail can help catch the eye of a potential employer.
- Not just your résumé, but everything you write/type.
- Spread the word
- Make others aware that you’re looking for a job because you never know how they may be able to help.
- This goes without saying.
- Read the business press and industry trade publications
- If a company is expanding or just landed a major account, there’s a chance that they may be hiring.
- Customize your résumé
- Change it up for each position.
Are there any job hunting tips that you care to share with other job seekers?
To learn more about my experiences, connect with me on LinkedIn.
Cheers to the Post-Grad PR Life!
This edition of Live to Give was inspired by the commercials with Christina Aguilera for the World Food Programme. Starvation around the world is an epidemic and WFP works to end hunger. Xtina lends her “voice” and time as an ambassador and helps raise awareness and donations.
Mission of the WFP:
WFP is the food aid arm of the United Nations system. Food aid is one of the many instruments that can help to promote food security, which is defined as access of all people at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. ¹ The policies governing the use of World Food Programme food aid must be oriented towards the objective of eradicating hunger and poverty. The ultimate objective of food aid should be the elimination of the need for food aid.
To donate and learn more about the World Food Programme, please visit http://www.wfp.org/christina-aguilera
As I mentioned earlier, TLC’s film on VH1 premiers tonight at 9 p.m. EST. The film is titled ‘CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story‘ and documents the groups career. While we wait for the movie to premiere tonight, here are a few of the very successful groups music videos.
The trio also released the soundtrack to the film last week called 20 (they’ve been in the business for 20 years!). TLC is working on a album with new material, but the soundtrack has a new song called ‘Meant to Be’ written by NE-YO.
What is your favorite TLC song?