The Post-Grad PR Life: 10 Tips for the Summer Intern
This summer I moved across the country to work an internship at a PR agency. So, the article I read last week about being a great summer intern really hit home. Below are the 10 tips the article shared…
- Be humble – Be cooperative and eager.
- Listen more than you talk – Two ears, one mouth.
- Contribute – Give your input during meetings, brainstorms and volunteer to take on more work.
- Ask questions – You are there to learn, so ask a lot of questions.
- Mind the rules – Know the rules and follow them.
- Dress appropriately – Every office is different, so dress how the rest of the office dresses.
- Be curious – Be interested in the world around you.
- Write – Blogging for your company or for yourself is great way to get practice.
- Get paid – You may take an unpaid internship, but being paid for your work should be the law.
- Smile – Always smile.
There are a lot of great tips on this list. I was already aware of them, but being reminded is motivation for me to work even harder (especially since I want this to be last internship!)
To learn more about my experiences, connect with me on LinkedIn.
Cheers to the Post-Grad PR Life!