The Post-Grad PR Life: Random Tips for the Job Hunt
I was going through some papers in my room last week and I came across a notecard with seven tips. The list wasn’t titled nor does it have a source of where I collected the information. There isn’t even a date of when I wrote it. So, instead of rambling on I will just share the list of tips.
- Develop a list of 15-20 employers you want to work for
- Identify salary needs, preferred geographic location and work conditions
- Review sources for leads on a daily basis
- Conduct informational interviews to uncover the hidden job market
- Have your references list available when you interview
- Have a 30 second elevator speech prepared
- Send a thoughtful, hand-written thank you note after the interview.
From what I can gather these tips are for the moment pre-and-post job interview.
What other tips would you give to those on the job hunt?