This is a smart branding move:
- Be interviewed by a respected business publications
- Have the title under your name read; Celebrity Entrepreneur
- Talk business and that is it
- Get people to stop saying “you are famous for being famous” and “have no talent”
- Leave the rest to your Oprah interview
By now you all have heard that Oprah interviewed the Kardashians. A lot of people said it was a bad thing or that Oprah is just looking for ratings… I say it was a smart PR move!
Here is why:
- The Kardashians are very popular and having them on your show/network will only bring viewers who have never tuned in to your channel to watch.
- With their massive social media presence, on tweet between the three sisters will reach close to 30,000 million people.
- TV is all about ratings and because Oprah is so smart she knew having the Kardashians on OWN will draw ratings and publicity.
- The two-hour interview gives Oprah/OWN commercial time to promote the other shows on the network.
- Oprah can do what she wants…. It’s her network!
I know that some may disagree, but I think it was a smart move and I’m looking forward to hour two this coming Sunday.